View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Magix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
You're advocating letting letting Gonchar walk to bring in Visnovski or Streit because they are younger. Well, Visnovski is turning 37 this year, Streit 36. They also both heavily rely on their skating unlike Gonchar, and that's one of the first thing to go for older players. These guys could drop off severely in the next few years if they follow their peers.

Its just an incredibly weak argument. You're grasping here and it seems you're not able to properly value Gonchar as player because of some personal bias.

Bolded: where did you do this?
Being inconsistent and at times soft arent negative qualities to someone's game? Obviously my argument is weak as he has been doing well this year (I cant really pick him apart for that) and I didnt go into detail or bring up examples in regards to his softness/inconsistency but even in his best year with the sens (last year) he had those kind of nights.

As for visnovsk/streit if sens want some vet presence on the back end why not get guys who are better than gonchar? And in my eyes they are all old and have the same likelihood of falling off next year.

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote