Old
03-22-2013, 05:48 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
You truly believe that if Nonis is in a situation where he's confident that he won't be able to re-sign Bozak with the term/hit he's asking for that he wouldn't consider moving Bozak?

You'd rather lose Bozak for nothing and likely not escape the first round? And that's assuming we even make playoffs, which we're 3 points ahead of missing out on. If we experience another losing streak like the one we're basically in the midst of, we're almost assured to miss playoffs.

I see what you're saying but to make that claim with absolute certainty is a little far-fetched.

>> I guess if you're talking PURELY for picks than I agree, but you never answered that question in my previous post.
Futures. So picks/prospects. And yes I truely do believe it. Look no further then the decline in trade deadline transactions. Teams that are close are holding on to players for fear of dealing them and missing because of it.

We have no one ready to replace Mac and Bozak. Nonis isnt going to risk Colborne and Hamilton filling those roles. Could they? Maybe. But no one knows. And hes not going to try and find out at the deadline.

What might happen is he deals them, then flips those assets for another player. But you can guarantee hes not coming out of the trade deadline with a weaker lineup then when he went in.

As for trade speculation, its the media. Theres trade speculation for Daniel Alfredsson, despite his team being in 5th and playing remarkable well. Its absurd to think the Sens are going to move him.

Last edited by blasted_Sabre: 03-22-2013 at 05:54 PM.