View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 07:09 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/TBLightning
Quote:
Know Your Numbers: Defenseman Andrej Sustr will wear No. 62 for the #TBLightning
https://soundcloud.com/tbl-sound/bou...-media-3-22-13
Boucher on the plan for Sustr:
Quote:
"Well, pretty much the same as the other guys. We've been grooming them in when they come into the line up, we don't overwhelm them with ice time. We'll just give them a little bit. He'll be coming in on Monday and we'll get him to practice with the team 3 or 4 days before we put him in the line up. We won't throw him in there. It's not like he's been in the American league like the other guys for 2 years. It's college, it's a whole different ball game. And if you start the year it's different because you start the year the same time everyone else starts the year. Now they're groomed, they're NHL groomed and everybody is picking up their play and it's difficult for anybody coming in, so we're not going to expect him to come in and play 25 minutes. We're going to give him a few minutes, see how he digests it. I'll probably go 7 defensemen that game and give him time to ease himself in and not ask too much from him."
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._flyout_sports
Quote:
Like everyone else, Sustr noted the trust that GM Steve Yzerman was putting in his prospects, and how those players were getting a chance when they were recalled from the Syracuse Crunch.

That's why when the 6-foot-8, 222-pound Sustr made his final choice, he agreed to put his autograph on a contract with the Lightning.

"I know their scouts. They are great people, made a great impression on me,'' said Sustr, who attended the team's development camp last summer. "I didn't see a reason why I wouldn't want to be a part of that. I'm excited to get it going.

"I think the best fit for me is Tampa Bay. Steve Yzerman, he's a well-known guy and has a great character. Also, their coaching staff, they've been doing the right things. You can see the progress they've been making.''
Quote:
"I'm going to go down there, get familiar with their team, and we'll go from there,'' he said. "I think I'll be finishing up the season in the American Hockey League (with the Syracuse Crunch). I'm going to do my best and see how it goes.''
Quote:
"It's hard to leave school. But for me, three years in college,,,I got better each year. My skating got stronger. My overall game just elevated. If I stayed in college my senior year, I don't think I'd be able to (make) more progress.''
Quote:
"If I stick in Tampa, that'd be great,'' Sustr said. "But I understand, I have a lot of respect, for the American Hockey League. I have to earn my opportunity to be a steady hockey player. I think I can come in and contribute and be a good player for the Syracuse Crunch.''