View Single Post
Old
08-05-2006, 07:12 PM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
In regards to your Poti signing all I can say is good luck--I'm sure you've seen enough of him over the years yourself. We got a 'decent ' defensive season out of him last year but it came pretty much at the expense of his creative game. He throws a decent check about once every ten games--otherwise he's a non-factor physically. No doubt he will show up for games against the Rangers though. I imagine that Nolan will be all over that patented poke check move of his if he tries that too often.
I don't expect Poti to come over and be our savour. Like i said he hopefully will come over and be a slight improvement to what we have now on defense(which is definantly a weak spot last year). I don't think he can be much worse then Brent "2 minutes for shooting the puck over the boards in the defensive zone" Sopel. If the Isles signed Poti to a multi yea deal i would be pissed, but the 1 year deal he signed gives us an easy out if he does suck. Poti is basically a stop gap fill in till we can find something better.

As i stated above all the guys we signed this summer did address team needs, even Tom Poti(as sad as that is).

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote