View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Jakey53

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Klesla has been excellent. Rock solid D. He's a highly effective player.

The Coyotes have tough choices to make concerning their payroll budget, should they remain in Glendale another year. With OEL's raise, and Boedker's inevitable big raise, they're going to have to trim some salary if they want to keep Smith. That means letting guys like Sullivan and Moss walk andattempting to replace them with cheaper players. We can probably replace Moss from within. Sullivan, though, is supposed to be a top six winger. We don't have any of those ready within the system and would likely need to trade or sign for a replacement. UFAs aren't really an option because they're too expensive. So that leaves trades. Obviously, if we are going to trade for a weakness (forward) we need to deal from a strength (D). I can't see any of OEL, Michalek, Yandle or Morris going anywhere. All of Schlemko, Stone, and Rundblad are cheap enough that it doesn't make sense to deal them. That leaves Klesla. He has done nothing wrong to deserve a trade, or anything. He's just as good a candidate as anyone, I guess.
I think I may trade Michalek before Klesla being that Klesla is a UFA before Michalek, and is cheaper than Michalek. I would think Summers will be traded shortly as he is a UFA. Moss can probably be replaced within in, but if he stayed I would not mind. I just want to get rid of Sullivan, and Lombardi. We are not good enough. We have to make changes, simple as that. We have been spending alot of our budget for depth players that are over the hill.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote