Old
03-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
That's fine, but one bad year doesn't completely destroy a player's value. Talbot had a career year here last year while playing on the third line. Why shouldn't Flyer's fans say he's a third line when he produced like a third liner last year and is playing in a very similar role this year?

I understand that he was bad for his last year in a Pens uniform. But too many Pens fans want to label him as the player that he was in his last year instead of the player that he's been for most of the rest of his career.
No, one bad year doesn't destroy his value, the problem is that both sides of the aisle put different value on him from the get-go. 4th liners aren't worth that kind of contract on a team with as many players making big money as the Penguins have...if you use him on the 3rd line then yes, that contract is an easier sell, but he wasn't a 3rd liner in Pittsburgh and none of us saw him as one.

I can buy still calling him an 'elite' 4th liner, if such a thing exists he's been a prime example of it for 4 of the past 6 seasons, but he doesn't have the skill to be a consistent 3rd liner in my eyes and I was a guy who watched him frequently back when he played in Hull/Gatineau. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm just saying I don't think he's worth his contract.

As for Glass...only one poster mentioned threw his name around in this thread and I can't tell what team he's even a fan of. Glass is atrocious and there isn't a Penguins fan around here that wouldn't accept a 7th round pick for him. Tomas Vokoun has more points than he does and for being a supposed PK wiz according to our coach our PK numbers this year are the worst they've been in years.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote