Thread: Rumor: Max Talbot Available
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Tripod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
No, one bad year doesn't destroy his value, the problem is that both sides of the aisle put different value on him from the get-go. 4th liners aren't worth that kind of contract on a team with as many players making big money as the Penguins have...if you use him on the 3rd line then yes, that contract is an easier sell, but he wasn't a 3rd liner in Pittsburgh and none of us saw him as one.

I can buy still calling him an 'elite' 4th liner, if such a thing exists he's been a prime example of it for 4 of the past 6 seasons, but he doesn't have the skill to be a consistent 3rd liner in my eyes and I was a guy who watched him frequently back when he played in Hull/Gatineau. I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm just saying I don't think he's worth his contract.

As for Glass...only one poster mentioned threw his name around in this thread and I can't tell what team he's even a fan of. Glass is atrocious and there isn't a Penguins fan around here that wouldn't accept a 7th round pick for him. Tomas Vokoun has more points than he does.
And yet his statistics say otherwise. Even this year in which he is lower than his career averages, he is. 3lines x 3 players x 30 teams=270. So top 270 players are 3rd liners or higher. Talbot is tied for 218. 3rd liner!!! SO 3rd liner in production AND good defensively and on the PK. AGAIN...3RD LINER!!

Last edited by Tripod: 03-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote