View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
grego

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
This is a load of BS. Every team wants to win and almost every player cares but that's not enough. The best teams dont just care more they play better, are smarter, use their skills and talents better. It's an emotional game built on aggression and momentum but the systems in the game are designed to turn mindless agression into a trap. You have to play smart to win in this league and we're still learning how to do that. How to play with aggression but not cost the team games.
You can call it that if you want, it doesn't matter to me.

I watched far less talented Oilers teams in the 90s some of those had coaches no better or even worse then Kreuger, and the teams did better and showed more passion for the game.

I watch the current Oilers and often it is like watching a bunch of Petr KIimas on the ice. Many talented players that show up for brief periods and drift and float the rest of the time.

A few Oilers play hard all the time like Hall, but we can't rely on just a couple players.

Till I see the whole team playing harder for a whole game I will call them a passionless team with no real desire to win.