View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 09:44 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Look, I'm down with moving on without Tort's but it is not as simple as changing a coach and then all of a sudden, Richards and Gaborik stop sucking and decide to actually start playing and earning their ridiculous contracts. I/We should all have no issues with the play of Stepan, Callahan, Hagelin, Nash, to date. So, it all falls on our two non productive stars; that's it and that's all.
Torts doesn't have a clue on how to make our offense click. This guy's bread and butter is having a team that fights for loose pucks, forechecking, playing hard along the boards. What this team does with the puck is a different matter, and players are to blame, but both Torts and Sullivan have shown their ineptitude as well. You can't mishmash players in the hopes they spontaneously click, and when players have shown they can't play a high level, you do not give them more minutes.

I'm all for canning Torts and getting someone who preaches more of an up-tempo offensive game and who can better train (Because their positioning and shooting is awful, to put it lightly) players. If the same problems persist, then the Rangers at least know who to trade and who to buyout.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote