Thread: NHL Entry Draft: rey72335's 2013 NHL Mock Draft
View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 10:12 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Not bad, but there are a couple significant issues.

The first is that there is no way Buffalo takes Shinkaruk over Monahan. I know they're knee-deep in young centers, but what they're really really missing is an elite defensive center with significant offensive value. Monahan fits them like a glove. They could just move Ennis back to wing, and go Grigorenko-Hodgson-Monahan down the middle.

Second is that I highly doubt Phoenix drafts Pulock over Wennberg, Gauthier, or Lazar. Wennberg fits their needs very well. He's a do-it-all player who's got size and skating and is also a countryman of OEL. Gauthier has tons of potential. Lazar is a prototypical Yotes forward who's a teammate of Henrik Sammuelsson. They need a forward pretty badly.

Thirdly, Marco Mueller would be a terrible pick for Columbus there. Kid has nothing that's convinced me he's a first rounder, and Columbus is swimming in defensive prospects.

Also, I doubt Duclair goes in the first round, nor Petan.

And as a personal gripe, I really just don't have a good feeling about Domi. I'm pro-Sharks taking a forward, but at that position I'd take Morrissey. Or even Lazar.

Otherwise, good work. Particularly, I thought Erne to Nashville, Zadorov to Carolina, and Mantha to Jersey were astute picks.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote