View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 11:36 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I'm so torn on who the Flyers should draft. Personally, I would love to see Barkov in Philadelphia. I'm a huge fan of his game and think he's got star quality to him. He plays in all three zones and is just so smart out there. However, I'm also a very big fan of Darnell Nurse and his ever growing, changing and impressing game. For all the talk that Jones gets, Nurse is flying quietly under the radar and is a very impressive defensive prospect. He's a big kid that can skate, can hit, has excellent offensive upside, and is also another intelligent player. Then there's Jonathan Drouin, the potential puck possession magician. I look at him and think he and Couturier would be a perfect fit on a line together. Couturier's defensive game would allow Drouin to flourish in an offensive role and really let Drouin show what he can do. You can't teach hands and skill like that. Finally, there's Nathan Mackinnon, who has really become the Couturier of this draft. He was consensus number one for a while, then he lost his draft position and it seems that there are all sorts of question marks with his game now.

It's such a good top 10 for the draft this year. Honestly, even if the Flyers don't end up with Jones, I'd be more than content with a Nurse or Mackinnon or Drouin or Barkov. You really can't go wrong with any one of those guys. It's a very sweet consolation prize for such a bad year. The Flyers are due.