View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 11:05 PM
TimeForAnOilChange
From OTTERS 2 OILERS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Looking at their schedule I think it'll be a borderline miracle that they make it. Just not enough consistency. Too many games that go to OT/SO (both Oilers games and their competition) so even when they win outright... often several of the teams they are directly competing with for a playoff spot are getting pts as well.

It's obviously a special case this year because of the exclusively intra-conference schedule... 5 straight games with pts and they have really gone nowhere in the standings.

I think there's a much higher chance that they are sitting at 15th a week from now than in 8th... even though they are 3 pts away from both spots.
Bingo, this is what I have been saying for days now, and have had to defend my position, even though the math is pretty simple, people just don't get it or don't want to believe that the truth is that we need to win a BUNCH in a row, not just 2 out of every 3 games, CBJ is now 9-0-2 in their last 11 and SJ still has 2 games in hand on them, so they are still not even close to the playoffs...we are 3-0-2 in our last 5 (8 out of 10 points) and going nowhere fast. That should tell people that we need to go on a tear to make the playoffs, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears I guess.