View Single Post
Old
03-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
You have to give Costa Rica props there...most teams down 1-0 in those conditions would be looking for a way to get out of the game (and one was there for the taking), but they wanted to finish the game.

Didn't work out for them, but I admire their desire to finish what they started. Also huge props to the crew in Denver for getting the field conditions into playable condition somehow. The refs made a mistake by having the game played, but it's next to impossible to re-schedule qualifiers so I understand why.

The decision to put a game in Denver at this time of the season is...weird...but then again we have a huge game coming up at Estadia Azteca (altitude: 7,200 feet) on Tuesday so I'm assuming the altitude had everything to do with it.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif