View Single Post
03-23-2013, 12:03 AM
vCash: 500
What cracks me up is the people claiming Nash got special treatment because he is a star (Perry, Ovie, Giroux, didn't get that). Or the ones claiming that since Nash is a Ranger he gets special treatment. Where was that special Ranger treatment last year when Hagelin was suspended three games in the playoffs?

There was no special treatment because he is a star, and there was no special treatment because of the team he plays for.
It is just the inconsistency of the NHL, I don't understand why people are surprised by this as the only thing consistent about NHL suspensions is how inconsistent they are. Nothing fishy going on here.

Personally, and I know I am in the minority here, but I don't think it deserved anything more than a fine, maybe 1 game at most. It looked to me like he was trying to avoid a collision and hit Kopecky, and he obviously showed concern after the hit.

But yeah, back on topic, Lupul comes of looking like quite the baby here and I wonder if he will be fined like Tortorella was after criticizing the pens.