Old
03-23-2013, 12:24 AM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
He's gotta compete with these guys:

Sheahan (lock)
Jurco (lock if he keeps up his recent play)
Janrkrok (lock - he may go straight to Detroit but doubtful)
Ferraro (could possibly center the 3rd line so not a lock)
Pulkkinen (similar to Frk, big shot, decent skater, better defensively - big question mark)
Pare (if he resigns - doubtful)

I feel like I'm missing someone but that's the candidates for a top six spot in GR. I think with his shot he'd be a lock to play alongside Janrkrok if he's there.

Besides his penalties - which he's cut down on recently - what are his biggest weaknesses? I've heard he's not the best skater but he looks very strong from all the highlights I've seen - upper and lower body.
That's good, looks like he can at least fight for a spot if there's 5 guys likely returning.

Weaknesses would be defensive play and skating ... His lower body is small-ish, or maybe looks like that because of his ridiculous arms lol. I think that factors into his skating, as it looked laboured and unnatural when he first got here ... It has for sure improved though.

There's not too many bad things going on with Halifax this year, so his defensive game hasn't really been an issue, but it's something he will need to work on, like most prospects.

Our coach Ducharme sat him down earlier on in the season after a couple pre-season episodes with his temper ... I think some good coaching will give Marty a level-headed approach, and curb the breakouts ... He's done a great job since October. If he doesn't score and a chippy defenseman gets in his face all night he may take a bad penalty, but the good far outweighs the bad this year, so most fans can get over it lol.

So more powerful skating and discipline basically ... Hard to teach discipline in an emotional game, but I hope he learns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
It's tough to say, it really depends on what happens with the Wings roster in the offseason. Whether or not they do as we all hope and clear some space for the NHL ready guys (Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, and possibly Jarnkrok)
Here's a lineup that another poster suggested that I really like.
Don't follow the wings much, aren't Tatar and Nyq in the NHL? Sounds like Marty will have his work cut out for him to make the top 6, who knows.