View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 01:53 AM
SidsBackhand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Hossa never played a full season with Crosby, so there is no way to compare any true stats.

He and Hossa took until the second round of the playoffs until they found their chemistry, so you can't base anything off the 12 games of the regular season and point production drops in the playoffs. Anyone who watched those two play together from round two on could see Crosby and Hossa were on another level together.

Trying to say Crosby doesn't work well with creative players has to be one of the most asinine arguments I have ever read on here.

The best player in the world, doesn't work well with creative players...

Ok...

Totally plausible.

I watched and I still think Crosby works just as well with Kunitz. Being that the premise was: that was when Crosby was "at his best", then using the argument that they didn't have time to "build chemistry" is basically you admitting that you're wrong.

They were great, yes. He CAN work with a playmaker. But AT HIS BEST? Not in a long shot.

So if Shero, why break up point production? (that is better than with Hossa) To go after another playmaker? If it's not broke, don't fix it. It's not like it would be an obvious upgrade.