Thread: Brad Richards
View Single Post
03-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Oscar Limburger
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I don't question Richards' effort.

His skating and strength appear to be deteriorating at an alarming rate, however. The contrast between this year and last year is astounding. He wasn't an elite first line center last year, but he definitely was a 1st line center. This year, he has played at the level of a below average 2C, one who isn't an asset in any way whatsoever when the puck isn't on his stick. He's on pace for 42 points over an 82 game schedule.

Hopefully, this is just an effect of the shortened season. Richards' looks completely out of shape - as does Boyle, too. I have the some thoughts regarding Boyle not being in shape. I wonder if a full summer and training camp of workouts could help remedy this issue. We'll get a chance to see, because our amnesty buyout option lasts until the summer of '14, so Richards will be with the team until then.
He's our only option for a possible 1C, and this team isn't going anywhere without a 1C.

We just gotta hope we get past this joke of a season and this team plays like we thought they would next year.