View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 02:30 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It was in reference to Tkachuk's second move, when he was older and towards the end of his career, much like Iginla now. Metropolit was a journeyman who was very well traveled. Perhaps minor leaguer was too harsh as he was an NHLer at that time, but he was just a depth player averaging 11-12 mins of ice time. That wasn't a significant player that the Blues received and the main meat of that trade were the picks, with the 1st round pick being the 24th overall pick.

It reinforces what I stated earlier though that the players/prospects that would be in play for Iginla would not be the type that some fans are expecting. The Flames won't be getting star players or high caliber prospects for a rental. Some of the examples cited in that article that the Flames fan posted have absolutely zero bearing on an Iginla trade. Especially those Jeff Carter trades. Such a terrible example. How can you compare the two? One is a rental and the other is in his prime signed to a cap friendly contract.
I tend to agree that it with that. I think there will be 1st pick+(+?) value going back the other way if he's moved, but little chance of an established top 6 forward/top 4defenseman/top prospect.

Not that I think it's likely he'll be moved. We've danced this dance before.