Thread: Confirmed with Link: Travis Ewanyk Signed to 3-Year ELC
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 02:45 AM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Those guys will be signed to "next year" contracts, just like Ewanyk was.

Being at 49 contracts right now has nothing to do with any of those players. Unless they want Bigos to play some NHL games, which is probably a very long shot.
yes I know. I guess I could have made myself clearer. In all honesty as long as they sign Gernat and Rieder I really don't mind the signing. To me it just seems like they should be focusing on getting those two done before this one. I've always liked Ewanyk's game but much like Czerwonka IMO injuries have robbed him of development time and he may not be able to overcome it. I would assume he replaces CVV in OKC next year and I will be rooting for him, but I just think the deck is stacked against him.

Bigos IMO may replace both Plante and Teubert next year unless management thinks Teubert can take the next step. Teubert may get a 1yr show me deal ala Plante but he is probably a wasted roster spot too. With all the young D coming into the system in the next 2 years I would cut bait with guys like Teubert and Plante and sign AHL vets to anchor the pairings. Potter and Exelby types.

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote