View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 03:15 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Ever since he's come back from the WJC, his attitude and habit for taking stupid penalties has drastically faded. In fact, he's now gone 6 games without taking a penalty at all.. which I know isn't some amazing number compared to other players, but it's a big improvement from what he was.

Since returning, he's taken 16 penalties within 28 games.. an average of .57 penalties a game. He's had a total of 32 penalty minutes in those 28 games, which averages to 1.14pm/g.
Compare that to his 52 penalty minutes in the first 28 games, an average of 1.86pm/g. He took 23 penalties to get those 52 minutes, including two 5min majors. That's an average of .82 penalties a game.
I have noticed that, but a lot of his penalties are frustration related. While he was sat and lectured for it early in the season and you could look at that as one reason, the fact he has pretty much been on fire for this whole stretch could play into that as well. Not too much to be frustrated about over his last 40 games and change.

I do know the Wings won't put up with it, they are even getting rid of this behavior in super pest Callahan in GR. They don't tolerate stupid selfish penalties so he will get the message if it does crop up in the pros again or he will be in a different organization. I am a big Frk guy, but it is worth noting as a concern moving forward.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote