View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 04:39 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I have noticed that, but a lot of his penalties are frustration related. While he was sat and lectured for it early in the season and you could look at that as one reason, the fact he has pretty much been on fire for this whole stretch could play into that as well. Not too much to be frustrated about over his last 40 games and change.

I do know the Wings won't put up with it, they are even getting rid of this behavior in super pest Callahan in GR. They don't tolerate stupid selfish penalties so he will get the message if it does crop up in the pros again or he will be in a different organization. I am a big Frk guy, but it is worth noting as a concern moving forward.
I completely agree, but as I said before, he has calmed down (they even mentioned it during the game tonight vs SJ) and considering not everyone follows Frk, or even Halifax for that matter, I figured I would provide an update.

Anyways, you're right in that it should be noted. I liken it to an addict who's just finished a stint in rehab. You're going to monitor them by chance they might relapse. Now obviously Frk's case isn't actually anything like that, it was just the only thing I could think of quickly to compare it too.

Oh, and by chance that Detroit doesn't want to put up with him.. Toronto calls dibs.

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote