View Single Post
03-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Ricky Bobby
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
They'll trade the scraps though, I.E Liles, Connolly for picks and rightfully so.

I think MacA stays with us being in a playoff position, gonna need offensive depth for sure.

However we do need another top 4 d-man if we wanna make noise in the playoffs this year, or even just to make the playoffs haha. So I'd toss some picks the other way for that, just not sure who i'd go for.

However in the Off-season I would heavily go after Stastny, more and more looks like it could be the ideal trade for us, price shouldnt be high, but he definitely fills the top centre role.

BTW: Connolly is just rotting in the AHL, I mean he's no all-star but he's definitely a top-9 forward, deserves to be in the NHL just like Komi, at a lower cost.
Liles has shifted to the right side and has been playing 20 good minutes a game for us recently so I don't he's going anywhere unless upgrade comes into replace him but I don't see that happening till the off-season.

Kostka and Holzer were given every opportunity to win a 20 minute a night spot and both failed so I feel Carlyle will go with Liles the rest of the way and we'll better team cause of it.

Connolly hasn't even been a top AHLer which is sad. If he really wants back in the NHL then he do something about. The guy is auditioning for every NHL club for this year and potentially a contract next year and isn't make a great case for himself.

Trading CMac wouldn't hurt us that much. He adds some offence but nothing else and offence has never been the problem for this team. I'd rather have the extra picks/prospects to give Nonis extra assets at the draft. But he probably does stay because trading him for futures sends the wrong message to the players in the room.

Last edited by Ricky Bobby: 03-23-2013 at 09:02 AM.