View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 09:33 AM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
Have you ever hung out with them? I have, on many an occasion. Phil has told me that he favours the fans in Philadelphia. He also loved The Spectrum, outside of their true home in SF.
The fans in Philly always brought out the best in them, and The Spectrum was the leading major sports arena they performed at. The older building in SF didn't seat nearly as many people as The Spectrum.
p.s. I used to cook for them (I'm a chef).

I think it's cool that you wish to correct me, it just shows how much you younger fans enjoy them. It's all good. Make sure you continue seeing them with Furthur~
Don't want to hijack this into a Dead thread but... I never saw a west coast show but the band has said that the east coast shows were a lot more energy, we didn't get to see them as much as the Bay Area folks did so it was always a charged atmosphere.

First show was Binghamton '77 and I think the best was at the Spectrum in May '78. I don't really go to concerts any more, prefer local music generally but who knows. Maybe I'll catch them in Boston one of these days.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote