View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 10:10 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
Hey guys,

Few weeks ago I got premiere pro to try and broaden my skills with sales tools available out there as I just graduated from business last year. Started out doing a boring video resume and figured I could something a little more exciting so I made a video on Gally's rookie campaign so far (kinda why I jumped on this name when he changed number ). So yeah it's my first video so any tips or pointers you have are welcomed.. Hope you enjoy

Total crap. Sorry dude, but true. Anyone could do this.

1.Tone down the music, or eliminate it. Music on you tube is always amateur, and always irritating. Just because you like the tunes, does not mean others will. Music is very very personal, and many many people out there have much better taste in music than you do. Believe it. If you need music, you are not a film or documentary maker.

2. If you want to tell me about Galla, then tell me and show me. Narrate, give me information, while showing me his play. Anyone can put highlights together. Why are you doing it? What have you got to say?

3. Edit. Give me highs, but give me lows too. Make me interested. Keep it moving.

I see no evidence of any of that in your video.

Look. I'll level with you: I'm an architect, and I got my early work absolutely shredded at school. I just go destroyed sometimes. A lot of us did.

If you want to be in the visual and media arts, you had better be serious, know your field, know the history, know the craft, and learn to take criticism.

BUT! You have passion! And that is all you need to start.

Do another one, I bet it will be better. Then do another one again. Repeat!

Good luck!

Last edited by bsl: 03-23-2013 at 10:20 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote