View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
Disagree. He's a victim of his own performance. He was given a Free Pass and failed to capitalize. If he had played better he'd still be with the Wild and not on the farm. Blaming Cullen and Seto and Yeo and the length of the season are excuses.

One thing I really like about MiG is I have never heard him make these kind of excuses. He realized he wasn't contributing and that he had to improve. It's possible he gets re-called due to injury this season but IMO the best thing is for him to play the rest of the season and hopefully lead Houston on a long Playoff run. Then next season show up at camp older, stronger, smarter and tear it up!
we all know he wasn't contributing, and he didn't make a space for himself, but there was not time to find space. Other guys on the team were afforded the time to turn their underforming ***** around where he wasn't. Understandably, based on past performance and contract status. You think Coyle somehow earned his spot through great play? No, he just simply fit better than anyone else in that role because of his size. Had they had more time I think they could have found something productive for Granlund to do up here.