View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I dont think I agree with this. There are ALOT of teams out there that dont try to rush their young players up. An example is Detroit with Brendan Smith and Nyquvist. The AHL, if you have good coaching, can be a very good place to bring up young (20 or so) yr old prospects so they can get used to the pace and size of the game.

Next year with a team of Cousins, and additions like Alderson and Flanagan (with hopefully others), hoping that there is a chance that the AHL can turn it around. Not a big fan of Murray though, liked Patterson ALOT better. He prepared the kids alot better than Murray has. Now I like Cousins and Laughton, but I do think one has to be careful with HOW young the team is. You can't have a team with all 20-21-22 yr olds. Thats not a recipe to win. You need vets to teach the kids.
I agree with this. The Phantoms need to be fixed as much as the Flyers, and building a healthy farm system is integral to longer-term health of the big club. You want to maximize the chance that players develop to their full potential, and it is a poor recipe to keep tossing good prospects right into the NHL on a sink-or-swim basis. Not to mention aligning their systems ... once they establish a winning system that works with their roster, that is.