View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 11:06 AM
axecrew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Judging by you knowing nothing about Tommernes, my guess is you really don't follow all of our prospects that closely.

Tommernes is playing in the SEL for Frolunda, and he plays about 20-25+ minutes a night, needless to say that stat just goes to show he is already a major contributor for them on a game to game basis. He should be over here next year.

Alex Mallet and Grenier have been given little opportunity, Mallet was used on the 4th line from time to time, that just goes into what I was saying about our prospects needing opportunity, Grenier was called up for a little bit, but I don't think he was a given much of a role either, then was sent down soon after.

Great to see Price playing, and no he hasn't played every game, sat out the first 2, nice to see him getting time though, he should be a regular next year, especially if they move.

Blomstrand is in Chicago, but he hasn't played yet. And he wasn't recently acquired. We had him for awhile.

Lain played tonight yes (albeit on the 4th line), nice to see. Lets see if, like Price. He will be able to stay in the line-up for the rest of the games and the post season if they make it.

Cannata wasn't great in the ECHL, but was fanatastic in the AHL, yet got very little playing time.

Then even guys on the roster (and this is what I was saying earlier) like Rodin, don't get to play every game, and they play minimal roles when they do play. Even Peter Andersson was a scratch tonight for some reason.

We will also have some guys moving up for next year, and guys coming over. Like Corrado and Tommernes, then also guys there right now that aren't going to be used in big roles, like Blomstrand and Lain, aswell as Grenier, Cannata, and Mallet.

Moving our affiliate would give us control and give those guys opportunity. Plus all the other things, (off-ice things) A move would be nothing but a positive for us.

I guess we have to get something clear between us in this conversation......I am a Chicago Wolves fan...season ticket holder for over 17 years. I don't give a CRAP about the Vancouver Canucks other than who do they have they can send here to make the Wolves better.
Having said that as you can figure out I've seen the guys you mentioned (except Tommernes) play up close and personal, so I think I'm well qualified to speak on their ability to play in the AHL.

Both Grenier and Mallet have limited ability to play in the AHL right now and that's why they aren't there and I'm sure that Chicago knows what it is doing with them by sending them to the ECHL...DARREN ARCHIBALD ring a bell???????? He was totally lost here last year and went down there ,played and where is he now??? It isn't always about the numbers but learning how to play the game along with how to be a pro, both on and off the ice.
As for Price sitting the first 2 games..there is such a thing as adjustment time....plus practicing with team before playing.
Lain played ok last night....you can't expect these guys to come to Chicago and be put on the first line and first pp unit playing 30 minutes a game right out of jrs or college.....ain't gonna happen. Hell Morgan Reilly played in his first Pro Game last night for Toronto and was on either the 2nd or 3rd pairing for them, and I guarantee he has a bigger upside/potential then all of the guys mentioned by you combined.
Joe Cannata is a BACK UP goalie...he's not going to get a ton of time simple as that, if not for Lack getting hurt he wouldn 't even be here.
Rodin and Andersson have been injured for some time now so Andersson being scratched for "some reason" as you said is a very naive comment. In fact the guy can't stay healthy to save his life.
In closing please refrain from making blanket statements about the Wolves without fact to back up your comments and just ask a question. I'm sure myself and others would be happy to answer them. Oh 1 more thing...Vancouver sought out the Wolves for an affiliation, not the other way around. Just like now, the Wolves have fielded calls from 8 NHL clubs about affiliating with them next year....gotta be a reason for that. Can't imagine all these teams would be calling if Chicago was so bad.

One last thing....you have to remember that playing time doesn't always equate to ability. Having control over the team or players isnt going to make them play any better. Drafting better would go a long way towards better developing players. I have a mule that i can control,own and run everyday but that doesn't mean it will win the Kentucky Derby. You want your prospects to develop??? Tell Mike Gillis to start drafting better ones then.

Last edited by axecrew: 03-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.