View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 12:00 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not giving much credit to Therrien for Eller.
He was cast out after one game when 3/4 of the team was garbage. He was used as a 4th liner with grinders despite playing better than others. Even when DD's line was going nowhere, and even DD looked bad, Eller wasn't given a chance to play center with top 6 players. He was moved to the wing where he never looked comfortable. When it didn't work he was drop down to lower lines again. Injuries happened, and that moved Eller up into a higher position where he would finally center at least one good offensive player. Since then he's turned it up, often looking like our best center our there. However, he still plays with a grinder by his side, and still isn't getting PP ice time.
I'm sure Therrien is coaching him some things, just like every other coach does in the NHL. But I'm not too happy with the way Eller was used. We're lucky to have suffered some injuries and Eller got a chance to show his true potential.

Even Norris winners make mistakes and can improve.

Well, I wouldn't double it. I don't think PK is only playing up to half his potential.
It's also not a reason to be harsher on him.

We don't know what goes on behind the doors, so it's tough to say how PK is really treated. But I sure hope that his performances don't go unnoticed.
it's just an example.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote