Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
IMO they really shot themselves in the foot by even placing him there in the first place. I never thought he was ready to be 2nd line center and his comments around the end of the lockout to the Finnish media showed that he wasn't even feeling very confident about his own chances. He said his play in the AHL hadn't been too good as of late and with that kind of play he wouldn't be allowed to stay with the Wild for very long. He'd been overhyped by the organization and was thus given a bigger piece than he could chew.

I get all the talk about having to earn a spot and I think Zucker and Brodin earned theirs. I wouldn't really say the same thing about Coyle, though.

I think he'd do better at wing, but I don't know if there's space for him there on this team because of all the good winger prospects. Cullen is not a long-term solution for the 2nd line C, but it's far from certain that Granlund will ever be able to take that spot.
So you don't think Mikael Granlund becomes the 2nd line center of this team as we move forward?