View Single Post
Old
08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
90-91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STS44 View Post
I get the feeling from what I am reading that Branch or Owen Sound did not anticipate such a stink over this and if they had known this would be happening would have handled this differently. PPL are for the protection of teams from getting their top prospects raided by what may be considerd more desireable franchises. A PPL at the Major Junior level pertains to playing rights in all three Major Junior Leagues not just the one. There is just a real stink over this like Branch playing favorites for his own league and trying to bend rules to suit his league at the expense of the others.
Well I'm wondering if this will be handled through some sort of arbitration, although I've never heard anything prior to this re: the CHL playing favorites with one league over another.

I can't get the picture out of my mind of a bunch of guys standing around in the CHL offices telling Chiefs Mgmt. "hey we didn't know you had him listed, and now that there's been a public announcement......better luck next time!"

90-91 is offline   Reply With Quote