View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 12:22 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I understand why a lot of fans are blaming it on his tendency to start slow, but it's more than that, imo. It's been 30 games, over half of this season and nearing half of a regular 82 game season. It's not just a slow start anymore. I can't imagine that he's not playing injured. I don't think he's been bad defensively (although I thought he had a really bad defensive game against Vancouver) but he hasn't been stellar, either. I know he's probably the last player to want to sit out when he feels he can play, but if he is injured, I'd rather him sit out 1-2 games IF it would help him get healthier. Maybe it's an issue that isn't pressing that needs to be addressed in the offseason.
I see it the same way, including the Vancouver game. I was thinking he should get a 'maintenance day', but then the Blues have had a lighter schedule with some days off despite the road trip. Maybe that will be enough to let him rest up. I won't be surprised if we don't find out after the season that he needs shoulder surgery or something that was hampering him but that he could play through. The Blues have enough effective wingers now and effective lines (when healthy) that he doesn't HAVE to shoulder so much of the scoring load. But I still want his line to be a dangerous threat. I really loved that move of putting Stewart up there.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote