View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
Heard is the type of player that will be a heart-and-soul guy for a deep playoff push. He'll do all the little things right in a bottom-6 role. He's got the work ethic and drive to improve as a player and will be effective in almost any situation his future NHL coaches will put him in.

Frk is an offensive support player, that doesn't really bring much above average things to the table besides a wicked shot. He either plays top-6 offense role or he's ineffective. Work ethic is a question mark and he's incredibly streaky, as pure goalscorers tend to be.

We've been burned by guys with a ton of talent but limited drive/work ethic before (Wolski, Stewart, Hensick, Arnason, Quincey) so I see why management puts a lot more stock into character, determination and work ethic rather than just pure skill and talent. And I'm 100% okay with that.
Pretty much the M.O. of the Preds scouting department.

I don't mind if the front office is putting a little more emphasis into developing role players though. I think that's one area where they've fallen a bit short in the past.

Last edited by Av-merican: 03-23-2013 at 01:31 PM.