View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
I like PK's attitude this year...therrien criticizes him for a bad penalty and even though he knows the reffs ****ed up he just owns it.....no excuses
It wasn't so much the call, it was that going for the bit highlight hit there wasn't necessary. Penalty or not, he took himself out of the play.

I noticed Therrien's tough love approach with PK in his post-game interviews. He doesn't give him much credit despite what are obviously moments of brilliance and basically domination on the point on the PP, albeit still mixed in with the odd fancy backhand no-look pass up the middle and still maybe holding on to the puck too long at the wrong times a bit. My main criticism of him last year was his play on the PP. He was way too predictable and either missed the net with his huge wind-ups or put it right on the defender's legs. This year he's mobile, uses his teammates a lot better, you don't know if he's going to shoot or pass and when he does shoot it almost always get through and is on net. Not only that, but his release is much quicker. His pass-shot last game that was tapped in is case and point what I'm getting at. He is becoming much, much smarter with the puck and thus much more dangerous.

Therrien is tough on him no doubt, but he seems to know what he's doing, and whatever it is he's doing it sure is working. PK is becoming a gem to watch, a more polished, smarter more effective defenseman who can do it all. Awesome player to watch.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote