View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 02:09 PM
dimi78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Capable NHL players that have nothing to do with our future have no place on my roster. In the real world.

Either get the UFAs signed before the TD or ship them out, plain and simple.

We have the depth in the AHL to fill their spots.
glad your not the GM... In a cap world having expiring contracts isn't a bad thing in letting these particular type of depth players walk at the years end while enjoying the depth they give you for the remainder of the year especially with playoffs in sight.

What are you going to get in return for Bozak and MacArthur that will improve or be part of your future anyway trading them for futures? 2nd - 3rd round picks that chances are wont turn into anything that will be part of the teams future or prospects that like you've eluded to is already with the Marlies. Doesn't sound like to me is worth the risk weakening the team when this team is in a playoff spot.

I have no problem what's of ever letting these 2 go for nothing at season end. You gain the cap space that will go to re-signing Kadri and clear 2 roster spots for that AHL depth to be promoted at the beginning of next year rather than throwing them into the fire of battling for a playoff spot that would be setting them up to fail.

There's really only 2 ways the Leafs should trade either of these 2 cause expiring contracts HAVE VALUE in a cap world rather you see it or not.

#1) a team over pays
#2) they're part of a trade that up grades the team NOW
... and it's as simple as that.