View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Faltorvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Passenger View Post
Agreed. If you are a cup contender you keep the UFA's and the payoff is a good playoff run or stanley cup. We are not in that position yet. As much as playoffs would be a great experience, we cannot afford to let players like Bozak and McArthur walk away for nothing. These guys shouldhave some value at the deadline and even if its a prospect and 2nd rounder, I would move them.
Well thats the rub right?

You get those here all in a knot because they fear the payback drop off from the likes that we could call up and rep them with.

A) that tells me this team is to fragile and is not ready to be leaving assets on the table.

B) They are knowingly or not ,acknowledging that our AHL pool is so shallow that they are not even good enough to rep out guys we are ready to let walk as UFAs. How sad is that?

Draft years between 2002 and 2010, the 2nd round has produced star(ie,Weber,Keith,Lucic)/well about average talent(ie, Hjarlm,Kuli,Pave,Howard) at a 10% clip.

Given the scouting staff we have and our dev team, i would love to hand them another 2 picks in the 2nd rnd to work with for 2 UFAs.