View Single Post
03-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
The best thing about Subban, imo, is the way he carries himself off the ice. The kid wants to learn, he takes the tough love in stride. To me, that's the making of a leader on a cup team. 24ch really gives us the privilege of seeing how these guys act behind the scenes. I love our coaching staff and am very impressed by PKs attitude. They're breaking all the bad habits out of him and he wants it. Markov is doing everything I could have hoped to teach and rub off on him as well.

He's only going to get better with experience and maturity. As he sees the same scenarios over and over, with great teachers around him, it'll become easier and easier for him to make the smart play ALL the time.

Let's not forget Daigneaults influence on him as well. Great stuff from him so far.
I think you are crediting this coaching staff a little too much.

Price had bad habits too, that changed. It's simply called maturity, and you develop it as you grow older.

I'm sure they are teaching him some things, that's what they're there for, but PK is PK.
Great players become great players no matter who their coaches are. Therrien was there for Crosby and Malkin, but I don't think you gotta credit him for them becoming such great players.
Not crediting Tocchet for Stamkos. Not crediting Julien for Chara or McClean for Karlsson, or Trotz for Weber/Suter, or Bowman for Lidstrom.

I mean, I'm sure all those coaches thought those players some things, but they would all have ended up being just as good under different ones.

PK managed to look good under Randy Cunneyworth. So I think it's fair to say most of his success comes from within. That's why plenty of people wanted us to lock him at a long term deal asap.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote