Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ok so lets look at our Goaltending depth as a whole here, we got:

Dubnyk
Khabibulin
Danis
Bunz
Roy
Hovinen

Kahbibulin is done as an NHL net minder, and his body can't handle the movements for any more than a couple games at a time without injury and the Oilers can't rely on him going forward.

Danis is just not good enough and Bunz and Roy are a long way off from the big show and Hovinen...well who knows.

I think we can all agree that we at least need some more options going forward no?

Whether or not we agree on Dubnyk being a legitimate starter in the league, I believe at the very least we need to add to our depth and have a better option for a "back-up" next year rather than re-signing Khabibulin.

Adding someone through the draft this year could help down the road but doesn't help us out next year.

And let's assume that we're not making any blockbuster trades for someone else's current starter, so who are our realistic options moving forward?

Labarbara, Emery, Bishop, , Bernier, Khudobin, Hiller, D. Ellis, Kinkaid? I don't see why Smith or Howard would go anywhere and I don't want Miller or Luongo and can't see how we'd ever get Schneider.

Obviously we don't want to get into the 2-headed monster situation again, but we do need a better tandem don't we?
No tandems!! Spector had a guy from vancouver management on a few weeks ago and he basically said theres no chance they're trading Schneider. I'd take Luongo but doubt they'd trade him in the division.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote