View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 03:27 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
Based on the fact he's 35, soon to be 36, has clearly lost a step, declining production (on pace for a prorated 22 goal season), and hasn't been a + player since 2007/08 or 5 years ago. Again, I think the world of him but I wouldn't give up the farm.
Iginla always seems to have lost a step. Last year it didn't look like he would come close to 30 goals until he turned it on in the 2nd half.

FACT: In 2005-06, after getting only 67 points, HFBoards was claiming that he lost a step and his best years were behind him.

He's always alternated between 60+ and 80+ point seasons, and he always turns on his goal scoring after 30 games.

So seeing as there's a pattern there, you cannot clearly say that he's 'clearly lost a step'. It's like that thread yesterday saying he's "checked out" when in reality he was playing like 2006 Iginla last night.

He's still got a ton of juice left, so if he isn't getting a top prospect than Calgary should hold on to him. Pittsburgh would still have an upgrade with Cammy, Stemps, or even Tanguay apparently, if Crosby would play well with a playmaker (Tangs also has one of the most accurate wristers in the league).

There's a handful of guys that Calgary can get good assets for, with our own pick being high, to make it a quick rebuild that Jarome can stick around for. IMO we have enough assets to move that we shouldn't be that desperate to trade him.

Quote:
What does he bring that Kunitz and Dupuis currently aren't in terms of results. Go big or go home in my opinion. Unless you are going to get a guy that will significantly top their production, why bother? This years deadline is going to be absurd, everyone and there mother is still in it, save for one or two teams.
Stempniak is still relatively young, and only 2 seasons removed from a season where he scored 28 goals, including 14 goals in 18 games when he got traded to Phoenix. Being able to score 14 goals in 18 games is something he brings to the table that Dupuis does not. He's also personally having his best season, on pace for 65 points from the 3rd line. I'm pretty sure Dupuis has never done that either.

Last edited by GetThePuckOut: 03-23-2013 at 03:36 PM.