Old
03-23-2013, 05:10 PM
yave1964
22 and counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Care to elaborate?
Yes. I watch every game, and quite a few Griffins games as well, I think it has been a decade since I missed seeing a Wings game. Brian Lashoff does nothing for me for the following reasons:

Lashoff scored in his first game, on a very nice slapper from the point against the Jackets. Fans jumped on the bandwagon quickly but I have seen enough of him with the Griffins to be weary.

his career stats in Grand Rapids: 125 games, 9 goals 20 assists -8 and 68 PIMs. I am not going to make it sound like I watch every Griffin game but from what I saw in the AHL he gets turned around way to easily by quicker players and finds himself out of position too often. A big son of a gun, 6.3 and 210 pounds it would seem his size would be a huge advantage but he is timid and plays a soft game for someone his size.
Since his goal against Columbus, he has went 25 games with zero goals and only 3 assists, and a -6, he averages just over 18 minutes a game with zero offensive ability.
I think this is top shelf for him. I really feel he will follow in his older brothers genetic footsteps, and will be gone and forgotten within the next few years back to the minors or Europe. I have probably watched him at least fifty times between the Griffins and the Wings and just don't see anything that would make me think he is an NHL regular blueliner. As a seventh guy, Meh, if there were no better options I guess so. But really, I doubt he could handle that role with any consistency.

yave1964 is offline   Reply With Quote