View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
I didn't take it as a slight, I was trying to say that Flames fans have shifted, because the situation has shifted. Flames were not in a situation to blow it up before, the fans wouldn't have tolerated it.

It wasn't the time to rebuild then, but it clearly is now. So you'll see a shift in management philosophy when it comes to trades.

Also you gotta remember, Calgary never traded for futures because Iginla was always getting older, and Calgary wanted to get him another good playoff run. Sutter tried his ass off to get Marleau, 90 point Jokinen, etc., They just couldn't get that last piece but it wasn't for lack of trying. So now that Iginla's window with Calgary is closing, it's time to let him try somewhere else, and start thinking about the future. Hopefully though he returns a bounty and then re-signs with us next year..
Yeah, as a Pens fan the idea of two future assets heading to Calgary and then Iginla returning to Calgary next summer doesn't really give me the warm and fuzzies.

I think you're right, but where does the O'Reilly offer sheet come into play? Was that done to play with Iginla, or to start the after-Iginla era?