View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 07:07 PM
dimi78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Leafs really need to nail down that 6th spot if they have any chance to win a round.

I'd love to see a Leafs - Jets first round. Would be wild with those Jets fans.

I'm really hoping we don't meet the Habs in the playoffs this year. I don't think I could handle them beating us. Although we've handled them pretty nicely this year, they're a different team since receiving that beat down by the Leafs. They could make some noise this year, and I don't want the Leafs to be one of the teams they steamroll.
Once you make the playoffs regular season statistics and play mean absolutely nothing... IMO the Leafs are the team to fear as a 1st round opponent in a 7 game series for many reasons one of which the city will be in a buzz it hasn't had for many years. That buzz will go directly to the players something they don't get during the regular season from the morgue of building it is during the regular season.

2nd this team has depth in the goal scoring department... in a playoff series too often it's not the stars that make the difference it's the depth guys like the Bozak's and MacArthur's that people are willing to trade for futures that make the difference with timely goals.

Just let this team make the playoffs and to be honest I want Pittsburgh in the 1st round. All the pressure would be on them.