View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 07:00 PM
PCSPounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by axecrew View Post
I guess we have to get something clear between us in this conversation......I am a Chicago Wolves fan...season ticket holder for over 17 years. I don't give a CRAP about the Vancouver Canucks other than who do they have they can send here to make the Wolves better.
That attitude, understandable as it may be, might be what the Canucks want to change.

Assume I'm entering the debate about using AHL as a minor league vs developmental league. It's the strong belief of many that it's easy to find experience to win games at that level, but harder to find time for the young talent while trying to make money selling tickets.

More baseball teams are considering buying their AAA affilates (10 already have AAA teams within 100 miles of the parent) and moving them to suburbs or closer locales. MLS teams are sorting out a system with reserve teams in another league rather than (in most cases) affiliating. Trend? Slightly emerging at this point, maybe.

Does this work for NHL and AHL? I'm curious to see if this could be a trend here.