View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Hoser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
It's team by team basis.

The Avs took on a new identity. In other words, the retired numbers of Trembley Goulet and Statsny went back into circulation. Only Av players are represented in Colorado now except for a certain someone that has no business being retired in Colorado.

The Canes kept Gordie Howe retired, and I don't think the Whale ever retired anyone else.

Dallas kept Broten, Gadsby and Masterson retired they are the only Stars or North Stars retired.

There were never any Colorado Rockies or KC Scouts retired that I know of, so New Jersey just has their own players retired.

Ottawa retired Frank Finnagan in 1992 from the old days

The Jets didn't retire anyone.

-------------

I think I covered everything but my memory sucks.
The Hurricanes kept Gordie Howe's number 9 retired after the move from Hartford, however Rick Ley's #2 and Johnny McKenzie's #19 went back into circulation, as described in other posts above.

Dallas kept Masterton and Bill Goldsworthy's (Bill Gadsby retired before the North Stars existed ) numbers retired, and they retired Broten's number after the move to Dallas. Broten only played one full season and parts of two others with the Stars in Dallas, so they explicitly recognized his past contributions to the franchise as a North Star.

(The Stars do not recognize any of the Cleveland Barons/California Golden Seals/Oakland Seals/California Seals history, despite the team having merged with the North Stars in 1978.)

The Devils have not retired the numbers of any of the players who played with the Rockies and Scouts. Not surprising, really...

The Coyotes have not only kept Bobby Hull and Thomas Steen's numbers retired they retired the #10 of Dale Hawerchuk, who never played a game with the Coyotes, in 2007. They very explicitly recognize the history of the (original) Winnipeg Jets.

The Flames recognize their history as the Atlanta Flames but have never (and probably will never) retire the number of a player who played with the team in Atlanta.

Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote