View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
its not torts.. Torts coaches the team, provides some imput of how he likes his players and its glens job to build a team around how the coach coaches..the issue is glen playing hard ball with our UFAs/RFAs..

I am surprised our RFA's off ELC havent held out.. especially when our players.. MDZ, Callahan, Girardi, Dubi etc.. dont ask for more $$$. when around the league you have doughty making 7m, Meyers making 12m salary this year (5m cap) etc..

But most other teams would give raises but slats goes in the opposite directions gives players salarys lower then what they should be making based off performances.. did that with feds, mitchell, and i think most teams wouldve given prust the salary he commanded.. bc its not just stats, which rangers fans cant understand but their attitude and what they bring to the team.. intangibles are huge and mean a lot as well as points.. he completely abolished the bottom 6, but the real issue is the players we got havent stepped up and bought into torts.. this goes to show you the top 6 is just as important as the bottom 6.. we need to retool and build a team not sign every UFA available (Big names).. i wish we did the nash trade but didnt trade Dubi and signed prust, bc both those players wouldve been our "Glue" to hold that bottom 6 in check..
Bingo.

Last year the team was a family. Sather went hardball with Prust and he bolted. I'd be willing to bet if Sather was a little softer with his negotiating techniques and actually treated his players like he cared, Prust would still be here...and for less than the $2.5 mil he's currently getting in Montreal. Prust left because Montreal told him he'd be a big part of the team and made him feel wanted. People underestimate just how much that means to players - especially 3rd and 4th line guys.