View Single Post
Old
03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
aemoreira1981

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
It's team by team basis.

The Avs took on a new identity. In other words, the retired numbers of Trembley Goulet and Statsny went back into circulation. Only Av players are represented in Colorado now except for a certain someone that has no business being retired in Colorado.

The Canes kept Gordie Howe retired, and I don't think the Whale ever retired anyone else.

Dallas kept Broten, Gadsby and Masterson retired they are the only Stars or North Stars retired.

There were never any Colorado Rockies or KC Scouts retired that I know of, so New Jersey just has their own players retired.

Ottawa retired Frank Finnagan in 1992 from the old days

The Jets didn't retire anyone.

-------------

I think I covered everything but my memory sucks.
The Whalers had retired numbers 2 and 19, but both numbers got returned to circulation. Number 2, however, was only worn by Glen Wesley before the Canes retired it. There is no honor for Gordie Howe's #9 in Carolina, but the number is not available for issue.

The Winnipeg Jets did retire #9 for Bobby Hill and #25 for Thomas Steen. Neither number is available for wear by a Coyote today. The Coyotes have also retired #10 for Dale Hawerchuk. The new Jets don't honor the history of the old Jets (although Bryan Little changed from #10 to #18).

Neal Broten's career ended with the relocated Dallas Stars (who retired his #7), but the Dallas Stars have kept Goldsworthy's #8 and Masterton's #19 retired.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote