View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 01:06 AM
kassian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
They lost we all know that, but we can win we just need to fufill the chemistry to the summum and that Michel Therrien can do it. I do have confidence in the actual top 6. Are we going to win this year ; maybe. but we need to look next year too.

Bourque is sign till 2017 and I don't think he will be the superstar. Diaz is good but he won't be here for long enough. We need a playoff push trade without taking too much of our future (wich louis leblanc is no longer a key part) to give the experience to our young core.

you guys dream for a Clarkson Clowe or even an upgrade where the cup windows contending is not yet open and you can sign them in the summer ... we still have 1 year before pretending to be near.

Having that said you need to chek foward the future to see a trade reasoning :

Pacioretty DD Gallagher
++++ Plekanec Gionta
Galchenyuk Eller ++++
Prust Dumont Talbot
Moen

Subban Gorges
Markov Emelin
Bouillon Tinordi
Gervais +++++

Price
+++++

players to go : Halpern Ryder Amstrong White, Kaberle(Buy out) Weber, Budaj

We cand bring Tokarski and give him a back up spot chance. Markov and Gionta will be in final year contract so their spot will also be in limbo for a rookie like Ellis, Beaulieu, Collberg, Bournival, etc.

This summer we will have to make decision mainly on 1 left winger, 1 right winger and a right d-man with a 6,811 projected free cap if we put another 1.983 + 4.250 (kaberle) we will have 13.044 for those 3 spot and 2 rfa (Dumont and Tokarski : at approxmimatly 1,3 cost) wich mean 11,744 for a top 6 left wing, a top nine right wing and a number 7-8 d-man.

So let's play a projection game for next year then :

Dumont receive 0.600 for 2 years
Tokarski receive 0.700 for 2 years

We sign :
Chris Higgins 2.250 2 years
David Clarkson 4.250 for 4 years
Mike Lundin 0.750 for 1 year

so we pay 1.3 (rfa) + 7.250 (ufa) to have a final 3.194 cap space on the cap hit

Pacioretty DD Gallagher
Higgins Plekanec Clarkson
Galchenyuk Eller Gionta
then in 2014 we all hope a Collberg instead of Gionta
Prust Dumont Talbot
Moen

Subban Gorges
Markov Emelin
Bouillon Tinordi
Gervais Lundin

Price
Tokarski
I like the Clarkson part, but Tokarski is nowhere near ready to be a full-time backup yet. Also, there are many players I'd take on this team as a 7th defenseman over Lundin. Smid, Babchuk, Regehr are unrestricted free agents by the end of the year and are far more interesting than Lundin. As for Higgins... not sure we need a question mark from the Gainey era.