View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 01:40 AM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood163 View Post
Can someone post a link to that website that shows the percentage chance teams will make the playoffs?

The one everyone was fixated on 2 years ago
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Says we have a 68% chance, but a week ago it was like a 37% chance. These things go up and down.

If Kovy is out this is Marty the rest of the way. And maybe that stupid idea to carry all these defensemen turns out to really be smart. I feel really confident with Marty in net right now even with the freebie gift goal that he screwed himself out of a shutout with. The way Moose was playing at times he could have very well gave up 2 goals in this game, and not have even made that error that Marty did tonight.

After the ridiculous ''Brodeur needs to be sat and has the worst save percentage in the league over the last 70 games'' thread here's one for you. Over the last 68 games including playoffs from last years all star break to now he has a 920 save percentage, and a 2.10 GAA. That's up from his career average of 913 and 2.23 GAA. If that doesn't throw out the Maclean disaster + last years first half than I don't know what to tell you. No other goaltender in the league has these numbers over that span including playoff games other than Lundqvist I think. In that stretch he also has an even strength save percentage of 930+ The sad part though is that Price, Ward, Miller, Kiprusoff, Lehtonen, and Nabokov all had 915-920 save percentages last year on teams that missed the playoffs. Some of those teams also had better forwards corps than our team even with Kovy. Price's Canadiens were riddled with injuries though.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote