View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 12:58 AM
OrrNumber4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
If Coyle and Phillips both turn into legit (read: not Seto-caliber) top-6 forwards, then the Wild might have an edge. But Phillips looks more like a 3rd liner, I highly doubt Coyle is a prolific scorer, and Seto is Seto, streaky, inconsistent, and one-dimensional.

I always find it funny that Wild fans include the 28th overall as part of the deal, but forget that we got 37th overall back with Burns. If we'd kept the pick, we would clearly win the deal easily because it's more like Coyle+Seto for Burns. It's just that pissed away the pick, which was a completely inconsequential move when evaluating this trade, that it doesn't look as good as it was.
Again, I hate evaluating trades based on who was picked with that pick,or what was done with that pick. It is just like Bruins's fans when they say that they used the money they saved on Thornton to sign Chara. The trade gave you the cap space. The trade didn't give you the foresight to sign Chara. There is no guarantee that the Sharks would have drafted the player that was drafted at that position...

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote