Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0 ...Game Over
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Sheikyerbouti

vCash: 500
Marc Bergevin hadn't been a GM but he had a good resume. Staples I believe did a profile on him the last time Tamby's contract was up for renewal. He had a good reputation from player development in Chicago and coupled with his ability to speak French he was a smart hire.

I would love to get smarts and experience in a GM, but I'll take smarts over experience and Botteril is smart. He also has a good resume and a background in player development, coupled with the fact he is from edmonton and understands the market, this would make him an excellent hire.

As baseball has shown, you don't need to have any playing or executive experience to effectively manage a roster.. Botteril, as green as he is, would be a huge upgrade - even keeping our current scouts and capologist who have been at least average.

We have two high school educated men, one of which doesn't talk very well, and the other is known for throwing tantrums. Our management's historical record is beyond abysmal, it's horrible. Every legitimate candidate is a step up. Both Lowe and Tamby would be absolute assets to a guy like Botteril, but neither is remotely prepared to hold the position they do.

Sadly I think we'll just see Tamby go and MacT replace him, keeping Lowe in charge, which is hilarious seeing as this GM gig is sort of a fallback for MacT.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote