View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 02:20 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Wow are you kidding me. I think most Boston fans would absolutely disagree with you. Most of their core/best players will be together and are signed for the next 4+ years (avg). Seguin, Marchand, Chara, Lucic, Kelly, Hamilton, Peverely, Boychuck, McQuid and Krejci aren't going anywhere soon unless they are traded and even though Bergeron is an UFA after next year the B's will do anything they have to do to resign him. Rask/Subban as the goaltending duo. Not to mention how young most of the B's core is as well, aging....you say???? of course with the exception of Chara, but it's not like Chara doesn't take care of himself - he's in insane shape and I don't see him slowing down that much over the next 3-4 yrs.

Bruins are team that are built for the playoffs and very physical, so I can see them wearing down more offensively gifted/focused teams like LA or Pittsburgh. Also, even though the B's lost 2 games to the Penguins this year you have to take into consider 1 of those loses came with their backup in net, they were leading Pitt by 0-3 I believe with 5 minutes left and Pitt game back because the Bruins let up in the 3rd and the 2nd game the Bruins lost with the deciding goal being a goal of David Krejci's skate and into his own net...Pitt won both games by 1 goal and it can be argued the B's are playing some of the worst hockey they have ever played but still have a great record. I also don't expect the Bruins to continue to be as terrible as they have been and as snake bitten with scoring.
Not a Bs fan but thanks for posting this. When I read the post you are responding to I thought that it didnt sound right and that you had a young enough team to compete for the next few years anyways. I can't see why Iginla wouldn't consider you guys right along with my Kings as right there at the top four teams who has a great shot at the cup for the next few years.

I am not saying that the Kings want to deal for Iggy but I agree with your post entirely.